EMDR Therapy for First Responders and Public Safety Professionals
Dr. Robbie works with First Responders and Public Safety Professionals in a variety of ways.
- Dr. Robbie provides crisis response and post-shooting debriefings to Law Enforcement Officers.
- She has written and presented workshops at international conferences on working with First Responders and Public Safety. She teaches a course entitled
- The Developmentally Grounded EMDR Therapy Basic Training Dr. Robbie wrote and provides focuses on working with Children, and First Responders and Public Safety.
- “Haunted: EMDR Therapy with First Responders and Public Safety.”
- “The Trauma After the Trauma: Betrayal Trauma in First Responders and Public Safety Professionals.”
- Robbie has presented to the Arizona Bar on working with First Responders in a training entitled “PTSD: Treatment Issues and Complexities of Diagnosis.”
- Dr. Robbie is a co-founder of PISTLE (Post Incident Stress and Trauma in Law Enforcement) an external Peer Support Program for Law Enforcement Professionals. She currently volunteers as a Mental Health Consultant for PISTLE.
- Dr. Robbie is in the process of starting a Peer Support Program for Firefighters entitled BUCKETS (Beginning to Understand and Cope with Emergencies, Trauma, and Stress).
- Dr. Robbie has worked as a Mental Health Consultant for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation presenting on mental health in Firefighting and teaching death notification.
- Dr. Robbie is the Founder of the EMDRIA Special Interest Group (SIG) for First Responders and Public Safety Professionals.
- Dr. Robbie was a volunteer EMT/Firefighter during high school and college.