Haunted: First Responders and Professional in the Trenches
March 22, 2019 @ 8:00 am - March 23, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$360 - $395
EMDR for First Responders & Professionals in the Trenches – Orange County, CA
This workshop will focus on basic and advanced skills in adhering to the EMDR protocol in the treatment of first responders exposed to trauma in the line of duty. The practice of caring for the emotional and physical needs of professionals exposed to life and death situations and the most difficult of human suffering takes its toll on those in the trenches. In these inimitable circumstances, the exposure can lead to direct traumas and/or vicarious trauma for the professional. By working in law enforcement, fire sciences, emergency services, 911 operators, emergency room staff (including doctors and nurses), child welfare workers, and even psychotherapists, these professionals experience direct or secondary trauma from their work environment. Case conceptualization will be presented through the lens of the Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP) adhering to the EMDR 8 phase protocol. Participants will learn how to develop a comprehensive treatment plan with methods for Resource Development Installation (RDI) and Cognitive Interweaves specific to first responders. This interactive workshop includes videos, and didactic material, to deepen participants’ understanding of how to implement EMDR and enhance their skills in working with first responders.
- Define AIP Theory specifically as it applies to working with emergency responders
- Identify at least 3 assessment tools for evaluating trauma in emergency responders exposed to line of duty and vicarious traumatization
- Describe ethical, legal, and forensic issues unique to this population
- Define trauma and diagnostic issues with PTSD.
- List symptoms of trauma in emergency responders
- List 5 treatment tools to employ with emergency responders exhibiting symptoms of trauma
- Describe the flow of the EMDR therapy with law enforcement, Firefighters, emergency responders
- Create and implement a targeting sequence plan specifically for working with first responders using the “Parade of Faces” metaphor
- Identify and formulate useful cultural and religious interventions & interweaves as tools
- Therapists will recognize the need to work though cultural and religious paradigms to assist first responders who are regularly exposed to traumatic grief and loss to come to an adaptive resolution for each call.
- Apply the EMDR Reverse Protocol with First Responders
- Effectively implement the EMDR Crisis Response Protocol with Emergency Responders
$360 EARLY BIRD
(paid online or check received by February 15, 2019)
$395 REGULAR PRICE
Last Day to Register – March 8, 2019